Video is SO huge right now. Actually it’s been huge for years, but it’s only getting bigger and bigger. If you’re not taking advantage of this marketing tool for your art because you feel like you’re not good on camera I’m going to help you through that.
Still not convinced that video is important enough to bother with? Let’s take a look at some reasons you may want to reconsider that:
- Facebook analytics are set up to share video content with more of your fans than any other type of post. By a LOT. Are you frustrated with how few people are seeing your posts? Try making a video instead.
- Selling your artwork isn’t just about creating great art. It’s a well-known fact that people are buying into the artist as much as the artwork itself. What better way to let your fans get to know who you are than in video?
- Youtube is owned by Google. Google = the biggest search engine. Want to be found on more searches…make more video!
- People are more likely to watch a video blog than to actually read a blog on the same topic.
- Video gives you great content to embed right into your website. Do you feel like your website is boring? This is a great way to set yourself apart from other artist sites.
Well, now you must be convinced right?! But where do you get started?
Almost every single person you watch on youtube started out being pretty awkward on camera. This was especially true for me. The funny thing is, I’m not a shy person. At all, but every time that camera turned on though I stiffened up like crazy…much like when people try to hug me.
I tried EVERYTHING to get over this. I even tried having a drink or two before recording. The most that did was slow down my speech a hair. It really all came down to practice. The more videos I recorded, the easier it got for me to realize I was actually talking to YOU guys, not just a black box thing looking back at me. This is where the bootcamp comes into play.
To get involved with this free artist vlogger bootcamp, you’re going to head to https://www.facebook.com/groups/293868110783719/ . This is going to be a private group just for those participating. Don’t have a video camera? No worries, I think we all pretty much have smartphones now…record yourself with that. Every day for a month, starting Monday, July 20th, you’re going to talk to the camera on your phone. Each day I will give you a new subject to talk about. Don’t worry about scripts or sounding silly, or even editing. This will only take you a handful of minutes each day. The goal is to get used to talking naturally on camera. You can upload your video anywhere you like, but if you just want to share with those participating, you can upload it directly to our group on facebook.
This Bootcamp will run from Monday, July 20th until Monday, August 24th. If you’re going to join, please make sure you make the effort to participate at least most of the days. It won’t do you much good if you only join in for 3 or 4 days 🙂