If you’re new to acrylic painting this tutorial is for you! I will show you the brushes, canvas, paints and art supplies I use and walk you through step by step your very first acrylic painting of a copper banded butterfly fish, an underwater background and bubbles! See how to layer the background and which colors to paint first!
Supplies used: (amazon affiliate links)
- Fredrix Blue Lable Ultra Smooth Canvas http://amzn.to/2q2g9tt
- Fredrix Watercolor Canvas Board https://amzn.to/2IXLO9b
- Fredrix NatureCore Mixed Media Paint Board https://amzn.to/2J3fMZx
- Fredrix Canvas Pad https://amzn.to/2s4DjPr
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic Paints http://amzn.to/2qjrVgU
- Water Well (to clean the brushes) http://amzn.to/2oTlnU7
- Glass Palette https://amzn.to/2LkiM23
- Mastersons Pallet Box https://amzn.to/2IF5s6D
- Glass scraper for cleaning the glass palette https://amzn.to/2GESvrB
- Peel Off Palette https://amzn.to/2LiM4y4
- Tracing Paper http://amzn.to/2oTtxMp
- Transfer Paper http://amzn.to/2qqMFCE
- Generals White Charcoal Pencil http://amzn.to/2pAlAgS
- The Masters Brush Cleaner http://amzn.to/2oTxH6J
- Mop Brush (powder brush) https://amzn.to/2J0eGh9
- Taklon Bristled Filbert I have this in just about every size from a #4 to a 3/4″ https://amzn.to/2ISclVF
- This set gives you some of the stiff brushes as well as some round and flat taklon bristled brushes. It is cheap, these will fall apart, but they work in addition to the taklon filberts (not included in this set) https://amzn.to/2IA2Drn
- H-frame easel https://amzn.to/2KM6SNf and https://amzn.to/2GEKsv1
Watch the real time tutorial at Patreon http://patreon.com/lachri Get access to this and over 150 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!