Never stop learning.
Watch over 100 of my 1-2 hour long tutorials for as little as $4/month
Over 245,000 YouTube Subscribers
Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
Sponsored by Fredrix Artist Canvas
Colored Pencil Magazine 2019 First Annual Colored Pencil AwardsLachri Fine Art – Voted by Readers
Website of the Year – Instructor of the Year – YouTube Channel of the Year
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Art Lessons
- Art Q&A
- Artist Vlog
- Art Critique
- Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John Middick and I bring you a weekly podcast centered around colored pencils!
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
Artist of the new Derwent Inktense Tins
Featured Artist and Contributor
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6K7oRyfN14&t=2s I've got tips and techniques for blending and layering colored pencil while I draw this Nightshade Acropora coral!! These tips will be really helpful for beginners in colored pencil. I'm also sharing an update on my...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-pBEWfaEw&t=332s Learn tips and techniques to shade realistic pencil drawings for beginners! I explain the tools to get you started on a limited budget while still using professional materials! Watch the real time lesson plus over...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OEnhAa2htk What kind of paper should you use for colored pencil? Is pastelmat a good paper choice? Find out while I try it on these realistic yellow roses! I'm sharing some colored pencil tips and techniques that are great for...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inzuvEwtQts&t=11s I'm sharing how I got my Betta fish and met Simply Betta and showing you how I created this oil painting of him. I've got tips for blending and layering your oil paint, how using the grisaille method can make your...read more
https://youtu.be/8r5KKT2WLs4 Get tips and techniques for how to paint realistic animals in acrylics! I have tips on blending and layering acrylic paint, how to paint white fur, how to paint black fur and how to get details in your acrylic paintings. This video is...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Moy1u8C1g My first trip to Aquashella, the aquarium festival and art event in Dallas 2019 plus how to paint an emperor butterfly fish in acrylics. This is a great project with lots of tips for beginners! I'm showing you how to layer...read more