Never stop learning.
Watch over 100 of my 1-2 hour long tutorials for as little as $4/month
Create your perfect space.
The art we surround ourselves with can improve the atmosphere of a room.
Over 200,000 YouTube Subscribers
Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
Sponsored by Fredrix Artist Canvas
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Art Lessons
- Art Q&A
- Artist Vlog
- Art Critique
- Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John Middick and I bring you a weekly podcast centered around colored pencils!
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
Artist of the new Derwent Inktense Tins
Featured Artist and Contributor
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTpr0NMumlg Have you ever wanted to create a bokeh background for your art but you don't have an airbrush? I'm going to show you how you can get a very similar look by glazing and blending your paint! I will also show you how I painted...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ij_xh0e3sY Are the new Derwent Lightfast oil-based colored pencils worth the hype? Do they blend and layer well? Are they good for drawing realistic detail? Find out while I demonstrate how to draw a giraffe and fireflies in this...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBKUoZeFGso&t=78s I'm going to show you my layering process for drawing hair and a face! See how easy it is to blend your skin tones using Powder Blender with Polychromos and Luminance colored pencils. I've got lots of tips for you on...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4VRJkPq74E See how to paint a rainbow zebra with Derwent Inktense blocks and pencils! These are water soluble ink in block and pencil form and can be used with water and a paintbrush to create an almost watercolor-like look. Supplies...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grAmkU1HSzA Is Arches Watercolor paper any good for colored pencils? Find out plus I've got a lot of tips for blending colored pencils, layering and getting highlights for you to use in your own colored pencil work while I demonstrate a...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTJLMpdf6-k See how easy it is to achieve a background that looks like stone with just acrylic paint, water, and a spray bottle! I'm also going to show you how to paint rays of light on these colorful dolphins! Supplies used: (amazon...read more
For me, art has never been about some elitist idea of the “right” way to create. Instead, I see the value in art for art’s sake.
Are you interested in owning one of my original paintings or drawings? I have many available in my collection.