Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
For me, art has never been about some elitist idea of the “right” way to create. It’s art!! There is no wrong way to create!!
Does your work not look the way you want right now? Paint more! No matter how good or bad your work comes out, you are at the very least getting a feel for the medium. Time is never wasted when spent painting or drawing!
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Wednesday – Art Lessons
- Thursday – Art Q&A
- Saturday – Artist Vlog
- Tuesday – Art Critique
- Wednesdays 8PM CST – Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John Middik and I bring you a weekly podcast centered around colored pencils!
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94LclqfCdXE Today's submission comes from artist Tiffany Stewart who had only been "dabbling" in art for about two years at the time that she painted these! I love the blending on both of these pieces. They have a watercolor feel to...read more
My love four painting detailed work over the Liquitex Pouring Medium continues in this surreal painting! I actually painted this one for myself with some of my favorite things. Teal, roses and goldfish...what's better than that!? Part 1 - Pouring the background and...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTEd91aAAU Today's critique comes from artist Ginger Booker. You can view more of her work at Facebook. This was only her second drawing and she used Prismacolor colored pencils. SECOND DRAWING?! WOW!! This is awesome!! You've done a...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZo70b_HoY Fammie writes: I'm a beginner artist working in colored pencils and I started out by drawing faces (in graphite). Now the problem is, I can do very well on drawing human faces and still life but the detail in animal fur...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsWIuv5Xrn4 Today's submission comes from artist Ryan who has a bit of an interesting story of how this painting came to be. He had never painted before. He picked up a damaged print at a Big Lot's (does anyone else remember when that...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMYeS6691-E Are you frustrated that you aren't getting art sales from facebook or your other social media outlets? Chances are you are expecting too much too soon and with too little work on your part. Crap, don't you hate it when you...read more