Never stop learning.
Watch over 100 of my 1-2 hour long tutorials for as little as $4/month
Create your perfect space.
The art we surround ourselves with can improve the atmosphere of a room.
Over 200,000 YouTube Subscribers
Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
Sponsored by Fredrix Artist Canvas
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Art Lessons
- Art Q&A
- Artist Vlog
- Art Critique
- Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John Middick and I bring you a weekly podcast centered around colored pencils!
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
Artist of the new Derwent Inktense Tins
Featured Artist and Contributor
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTJLMpdf6-k See how easy it is to achieve a background that looks like stone with just acrylic paint, water, and a spray bottle! I'm also going to show you how to paint rays of light on these colorful dolphins! Supplies used: (amazon...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lPoW6Xjj8Y If you're new to acrylic painting this tutorial is for you! I will show you the brushes, canvas, paints and art supplies I use and walk you through step by step your very first acrylic painting of a copper banded butterfly...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iba0eW3jSpY Are Caran d'Ache Watercolor Pencils any good? Find out if they are for you plus I'm demonstrating a clownfish painting with these pencils and giving you lots of tips for using them! I'm working on Fabriano Artistico extra...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzXwEI8iyE Watch how easy it is to paint with water-soluble pencils in this Faber-Castell Aquarelle floral drawing. Supplies used: (amazon affiliate links) Faber Castell Graphite Aquarelle Set https://amzn.to/2IXbwYE Arches...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsmOsF6XMHU&t=85s Derwent sent me their new Inktense Paint Pain Travel set to try out. This is supposed to be perfect for plein air painting. I've not been one to love painting outdoors in the past, will this small travel set change my...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUf7Fb7egyI&t=25s In this painting lesson, I'm going to show you how I paint a realistic dolphin and water. I've got tips that you can use to paint water no matter what medium you're working in! Supplies used: (amazon affiliate links)...read more
For me, art has never been about some elitist idea of the “right” way to create. Instead, I see the value in art for art’s sake.
Are you interested in owning one of my original paintings or drawings? I have many available in my collection.