Never stop learning.
Watch over 100 of my 1-2 hour long tutorials for as little as $4/month
Over 270,000 YouTube Subscribers
Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
Sponsored by Fredrix Artist Canvas
Colored Pencil Magazine 2019 First Annual Colored Pencil Awards
Website of the Year – Instructor of the Year – YouTube Channel of the Year
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Art Lessons
- Art Q&A
- Artist Vlog
- Art Critique
- Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
Artist of the new Derwent Inktense Tins
Featured Artist and Contributor
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJK7VkGtqyY Colored pencil & PanPastels on the best sanded paper available! I'm showing you how I draw realistic animal fur in colored pencil on my surreal coral, fish and deer painting. I'm working on the new LuxArchival sanded...
https://youtu.be/NYYPXvdqP2M How to oil paint without creating a muddy mess! I'm showing you the easiest way to do this while painting my greyhound, Gibson. Gibson came to me from Greyhounds Unlimited in North Texas. If you're interested in sharing your home with a...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb_amwfTjp4 Acrylics on a watercolor canvas? These two work together SO well! See how easy it is to get fine details, blending and layering on this canvas in acrylics. I've got tips for you on making your own work look more realistic...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63GPGlCKttY Is the new LuxArchival sanded paper from Brush and Pencil everything we hoped? How does it handle details and multiple layers? I'm sharing my opinion on this paper while demonstrating a hawk in colored pencil and blending...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qkB06uS5_4&t=10s Are you looking for acrylic painting tips to paint more realistic feathers? I'm showing you how I painted this photorealistic macaw in acrylics and introducing you to my new studio assistant Gibson! Gibson was...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJH9fDo7yJ0 I surprised my friend with a portrait! He thought I was super weird taking a million photos a few days earlier for no apparent reason haha! I'm sharing painting tips for layering and blending acrylics while I turn his beard...