Never stop learning.
Watch over 100 of my 1-2 hour long tutorials for as little as $4/month
Over 230,000 YouTube Subscribers
Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
Sponsored by Fredrix Artist Canvas
Colored Pencil Magazine 2019 First Annual Colored Pencil AwardsLachri Fine Art – Voted by Readers
Website of the Year – Instructor of the Year – YouTube Channel of the Year
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Art Lessons
- Art Q&A
- Artist Vlog
- Art Critique
- Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John Middick and I bring you a weekly podcast centered around colored pencils!
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
Artist of the new Derwent Inktense Tins
Featured Artist and Contributor
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Moy1u8C1g My first trip to Aquashella, the aquarium festival and art event in Dallas 2019 plus how to paint an emperor butterfly fish in acrylics. This is a great project with lots of tips for beginners! I'm showing you how to layer...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY6dZq5N7hU&t=458s This painting is for George - CoralFish12G on YouTube. It features his clownfish and seahorses in addition to other fresh and saltwater fish and an octopus! This acrylic painting centers around the logo for the...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNXfHYPLBSQ&t=238s See how easy it is to combine Pan Pastels and Colored Pencil for realistic and softly blended paintings or drawings! The pan pastels are not as messy as regular pastels which is perfect if you hate the dry chalky...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45AL-55-0Ns I'm combining my love of lions with my love of the coral reef in this surreal acrylic painting! I've got tips on creating realistic looking lion teeth and fur and how to paint clownfish, tangs and tons of other marine fish...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4seDYBCi-4&t=389s Tips on cleaning an airbrush, what paint to use, how to get started and a demonstration on how the airbrush can be used for realistic paintings. I'm even showing you how great colored pencils work with this...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Vew5323rg&t=125s Is black paper a good choice for colored pencils? I'm sharing some of the pros and cons and tips for working on this type of surface. I've got tips on blending with odorless mineral spirits (OMS) and the types of...read more