Never stop learning.
Watch over 100 of my 1-2 hour long tutorials for as little as $4/month
Over 220,000 YouTube Subscribers
Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
Sponsored by Fredrix Artist Canvas
For me, art has never been about some elitist idea of the “right” way to create. Instead, I see the value in art for art’s sake.
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Art Lessons
- Art Q&A
- Artist Vlog
- Art Critique
- Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John Middick and I bring you a weekly podcast centered around colored pencils!
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
Artist of the new Derwent Inktense Tins
Featured Artist and Contributor
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tyGng-ndzk Is digital painting real art? ABSOLUTELY! See my process while I paint a Blue & Gold Macaw on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. The newer s4 will be very similar to what you see here. If you have an iPad with their apple pencil...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15wv5pYa2HM&t=439s I'm really getting into art journaling! See my two new octopus ink drawings using my October Smart Art Box supplies! This video is sponsored by Smart Art Box who provided me with these supplies. Any fees paid to...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmi2vpgfR0 See how to blend and layer oil paint to create a realistic looking red eyed tree frog and fireflies! I'm painting a grisaille underpainting then glazing color on top to make this painting even easier and to get smooth...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWJV6ndE2N8&t=903s Graphitint and XL Graphite blocks together? YES PLEASE! See how awesome these two work together to create a unique painting or drawing! I'm drawing from one of my own reference photos to create this hippo...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao9HUjKb_1I&t=254s See how to paint colorful clownfish with Derwent Inktense blocks and pencils! These are water soluble ink in block and pencil form and can be used with water and a paintbrush to create an almost watercolor-like...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SOWVYYp4tI&t=2s Are the PanPastels different than regular soft pastels? Find out if this medium is a fit for you and get tips for beginners on how to use them in combination with colored pencils! This is a great medium for getting...read more