Never stop learning.
Watch over 100 of my 1-2 hour long tutorials for as little as $4/month
Create your perfect space.
The art we surround ourselves with can improve the atmosphere of a room.
Over 195,000 YouTube Subscribers
Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
Sponsored by Fredrix Artist Canvas
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Art Lessons
- Art Q&A
- Artist Vlog
- Art Critique
- Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John Middick and I bring you a weekly podcast centered around colored pencils!
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
Artist of the new Derwent Inktense Tins
Featured Artist and Contributor
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
Patreon - Pop Art Bird Acrylic Painting Lesson For this one I worked on a Fredrix watercolor canvas board and used liquitex basics with a bit of createx airbrush paint for my stencil. This stencil came from ebay, but you can use any stencil you like!...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUf7Fb7egyI&t=25s In this painting lesson, I'm going to show you how I paint a realistic dolphin and water. I've got tips that you can use to paint water no matter what medium you're working in! Supplies used: (amazon affiliate links)...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mYPU1mt4Zs Have you thought about trying digital painting? Find out if this affordable Android tablet is right for you and see this tablet in action for a drawing demonstration of a tiger digital painting! I'm sharing some of the...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q24OcSsUOJM&t=25s Are Derwent Watercolor Pencils any good? Find out if they are for you plus I'm demonstrating a lionfish painting with these pencils and giving you lots of tips for using them! I'm working on Fabriano Artistico extra...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNn7oB1-99E&t=25s Fabriano Artistico HP watercolor paper is different than it used to be. Is that a good or bad thing for colored pencil artists? I'm also demonstrating a Rosella drawing in Colored Pencil over an airbrushed background...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z92Uf1r8T8&t=21s Learn how to layer acrylic paint to create an octopus and underwater scene with orcas, fish and coral! I've got tips you can use in your own artwork, including how to come up with ideas for surreal paintings in this...read more
For me, art has never been about some elitist idea of the “right” way to create. Instead, I see the value in art for art’s sake.
Are you interested in owning one of my original paintings or drawings? I have many available in my collection.