Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
For me, art has never been about some elitist idea of the “right” way to create. It’s art!! There is no wrong way to create!!
Does your work not look the way you want right now? Paint more! No matter how good or bad your work comes out, you are at the very least getting a feel for the medium. Time is never wasted when spent painting or drawing!
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Wednesday – Art Lessons
- Thursday – Art Q&A
- Saturday – Artist Vlog
- Tuesday – Art Critique
- Wednesdays 8PM CST – Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John Middik and I bring you a weekly podcast centered around colored pencils!
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onX7yxOJikI While I've titled this as "mistakes" I should start by saying that unless you're creating work using methods that are not archival, I really don't think there are mistakes IF you like the results that you're getting. It's...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZ1OFP-OQk Val Jean writes: I have a question about hashtags on Instagram. Is it worth tagging all the art feature pages? What are the best hashtags for WIP pics? l am trying to gain a following and realize that WIP shots are for...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0NxzzliqUw Today I'm sharing some tips and techniques for using Winsor & Newton Pigment markers and showing you how well colored pencil works over them! Winsor and Newton provided me with some of the markers I'm using in this...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjXeqkBJmnA Today's submission comes from artist Natalie Linaweaver who completed this portrait in charcoals. She said in her submission "I've always tried to work in this style but now more than ever I'm looking for more technique and...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw8Br13nJv0 I'm sharing my December 2016 Smart Art Box painting! I'm working in watercolor pencils for the first time ever to draw this rainbow giraffe! I've got some tips and techniques for using watercolor pencils, including why I use...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4uVVgSzuJw&t=165s Victoria writes: What ways are there for an artist to learn about marketing, social media, branding, etc? (Without all that getting overwhelming and getting in the way with your art) For example, I'm 20 years old, and...read more