Never stop learning.
Watch over 100 of my 1-2 hour long tutorials for as little as $4/month
Over 255,000 YouTube Subscribers
Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
Sponsored by Fredrix Artist Canvas
Colored Pencil Magazine 2019 First Annual Colored Pencil Awards
Website of the Year – Instructor of the Year – YouTube Channel of the Year
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Art Lessons
- Art Q&A
- Artist Vlog
- Art Critique
- Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John Middick and I bring you a weekly podcast centered around colored pencils!
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
Artist of the new Derwent Inktense Tins
Featured Artist and Contributor
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VpClvmmqQc I'm painting a sea turtle in this Aquashella themed painting for CoralFish12G. I've got tips and techniques for acrylic painting and layering your paints. Watch for the next Aquashella in Dallas!...
Do you suffer from artist block? Here are 3 sure ways to cure you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djbim2aqOdw Tip 1 - Pixabay, Unsplash, Wildlife Reference Photos Don't expect every single thing you paint or draw to be some crazy unique design. Your next painting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2C68MBt5nc Looking for a faster way to blend Colored Pencils? Powder Blender may be just what you need! See how easy it makes layering and blending for a soft look in this fun Fall themed, Halloween painting! Buy prints and other merch...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D4gH0l8_ms This is how I made a simple but effective schedule that gave me more time for art, videos and reduced my anxiety about always feeling behind on work! This is the video I mentioned titled "Artists don't make my mistakes!"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byiKyq1H5A Do you wonder how to get started with Colored Pencil on a budget while still using professional supplies? I'm showing you today! Is a basic set of 12 colored pencils enough or do you need the full set of 120? Supplies used:...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILD4_j19rNg It's inevitable. Sooner or later someone will ask your prices and when you tell them they will act like your insane and tell you you need to lower them. How should you respond? Will lowering your prices help you to get more...