Never stop learning.
Watch over 100 of my 1-2 hour long tutorials for as little as $4/month
Create your perfect space.
The art we surround ourselves with can improve the atmosphere of a room.
Over 190,000 YouTube Subscribers
Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
Sponsored by Fredrix Artist Canvas
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Art Lessons
- Art Q&A
- Artist Vlog
- Art Critique
- Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John Middick and I bring you a weekly podcast centered around colored pencils!
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
Artist of the new Derwent Inktense Tins
Featured Artist and Contributor
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNn7oB1-99E&t=25s Fabriano Artistico HP watercolor paper is different than it used to be. Is that a good or bad thing for colored pencil artists? I'm also demonstrating a Rosella drawing in Colored Pencil over an airbrushed background...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z92Uf1r8T8&t=21s Learn how to layer acrylic paint to create an octopus and underwater scene with orcas, fish and coral! I've got tips you can use in your own artwork, including how to come up with ideas for surreal paintings in this...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS0MwuXOZUA&t=25s In this time lapse painting lesson, I'm going to show you how I layer my paint to create a surreal turtle and space painting. Knowing which layers to apply first will make all the difference in your own paintings!...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg8MZ-lhXS4&t=51s See how to paint a detailed Fall pumpkin painting with Derwent Inktense blocks and pencils! These are water soluble ink in block and pencil form and can be used with water and a paintbrush to create an almost...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C9HhXbDpSA&t=27s Intro to working with Powder Blender! Everything you need to know for getting started in blending your colored pencil with powder blender plus I'm going to walk you through your very first project!! Learn what type of...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPPPTO5G5_M&t=8s I'm going to show you how I painted the dolphin artwork for the new Derwent Intense pencil tins! These are water soluble ink in pencil form and can be used with water and a paintbrush to create an almost watercolor-like...read more
For me, art has never been about some elitist idea of the “right” way to create. Instead, I see the value in art for art’s sake.
Are you interested in owning one of my original paintings or drawings? I have many available in my collection.