I’m sharing acrylic painting tips for painting realistic wet fur! I’m painting an otter but these same tips would apply to painting dogs, cats or most other furry critters too.
I am sponsored by Fredrix canvas. The canvas in this video was supplied to me by them.
My reference photo came from http://wildlifereferencephotos.com
Supplies used: (amazon affiliate links)
- 9×12″ Fredrix float canvas (sponsored)
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic Paints http://amzn.to/2qjrVgU
- Water Well (to clean the brushes) http://amzn.to/2oTlnU7
- Masterson Art Palette http://amzn.to/2oTxccT
- New Wave Glass Palette http://amzn.to/2AXj9KL
- Clamp light for my easel http://amzn.to/2CSYyHr
- Transfer Paper https://amzn.to/3b9M2UX
- Tracing paper https://amzn.to/2yzh62Z
- Rake Brush (different brand than used in the video but I’ve ordered this one myself too) https://amzn.to/36DxLjI
- Grex airbrush kit w/ air compressor https://amzn.to/2DAW2ZX
- Grex 0.2mm needle kit https://amzn.to/2WgUo6Q
- Grex Airbrush Holder https://amzn.to/2UeN5uD
- Holbein Airbrush Paint https://amzn.to/2UivEsX
- Golden’s High Flow Acrylics https://amzn.to/2Tfmwpd
- Airbrush Flow Improver https://amzn.to/2WcTkAS
- Airbrush Cleaning Pot https://amzn.to/2TfmXzR
- Iwata Airbrush Cleaner (I buy the 32oz one) https://amzn.to/2Uf65Jp
- Grex Airbrush Cleaning Tools https://amzn.to/2TkB2Mt
Get access to this and over 200 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite, and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!