Acrylics on a watercolor canvas? These two work together SO well! See how easy it is to get fine details, blending and layering on this canvas in acrylics. I’ve got tips for you on making your own work look more realistic too!
Gibson (featured at the end of the video) was adopted from Greyhounds Unlimited.
If you’re in the Dallas area and looking for a new family member, check out http://www.greyhoundsunlimited.org/
My new coral comes from AquaStudios Aquarium in The Colony, Texas https://www.facebook.com/AquastudiosAquarium/
I am sponsored by Fredrix canvas. The canvas in this video was supplied to me by them.
Supplies used: (affiliate links)
- Fredrix watercolor canvas board (sponsored) https://amzn.to/2vr24dG That link is for an 8×10″. I’m working on a 16×20 in the video.
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic Paints http://amzn.to/2qjrVgU
- Water Well (to clean the brushes) http://amzn.to/2oTlnU7
- Masterson Art Palette http://amzn.to/2oTxccT
- New Wave Glass Palette http://amzn.to/2AXj9KL
- Clamp light for my easel http://amzn.to/2CSYyHr
- Generals white charcoal http://amzn.to/2pAlAgS
- Transfer Paper http://amzn.to/2qqMFCE
- Tracing Paper http://amzn.to/2oTtxMp
- Grex airbrush kit w/ air compressor https://amzn.to/2DAW2ZX
- Grex 0.2mm needle kit https://amzn.to/2WgUo6Q
- Grex Airbrush Holder https://amzn.to/2UeN5uD
- Holbein Airbrush Paint https://amzn.to/2UivEsX
- Golden’s High Flow Acrylics https://amzn.to/2Tfmwpd
- Airbrush Flow Improver https://amzn.to/2WcTkAS
- Airbrush Cleaning Pot https://amzn.to/2TfmXzR
- Iwata Airbrush Cleaner (I buy the 32oz one) https://amzn.to/2Uf65Jp
- Grex Airbrush Cleaning Tools https://amzn.to/2TkB2Mt
- Paasche Airbrush Lube https://amzn.to/2Tf9GHj
Watch the 4 hour lesson at Patreon http://patreon.com/lachri
Get access to this and over 200 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!