An airbrush is great for special effects like smoke, bokeh backgrounds, clouds, rays of light and fog, but is it easy enough for anyone to use? I’m sharing my thoughts and walking you through a toucan in a jungle acrylic painting.
Supplies used: (amazon affiliate links)
- Fredrix 11×14″ Fredrix watercolor canvas board (provided by fredrix)
- Liquitex high gloss varnish https://amzn.to/3no14yG
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic Paints http://amzn.to/2qjrVgU
- Water Well (to clean the brushes) http://amzn.to/2oTlnU7
- Masterson Art Palette http://amzn.to/2oTxccT
- New Wave Glass Palette http://amzn.to/2AXj9KL
- Clamp light for my easel http://amzn.to/2CSYyHr
- Transfer Paper https://amzn.to/3b9M2UX
- Tracing paper https://amzn.to/2yzh62Z
- Grex airbrush kit w/ air compressor https://amzn.to/2DAW2ZX
- Grex 0.2mm needle kit https://amzn.to/2WgUo6Q
- Grex Airbrush Holder https://amzn.to/2UeN5uD
- Golden’s High Flow Acrylics https://amzn.to/2Tfmwpd
- Airbrush Flow Improver https://amzn.to/2WcTkAS
- Airbrush Cleaning Pot https://amzn.to/2TfmXzR
- Iwata Airbrush Cleaner (I buy the 32oz one) https://amzn.to/2Uf65Jp
- Grex Airbrush Cleaning Tools https://amzn.to/2TkB2Mt
- Paasche Airbrush Lube https://amzn.to/2Tf9GHj
We all need to be reminded “Don’t drink the paint water” and other fun artist sayings.
Why not wear it on our clothes or coffee mugs to make sure we don’t forget? LachriMerch.com
Get access to this and over 300 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite, watercolor, charcoal, and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!