We’re going to be painting a bumblebee in acrylics with an airbrush for the background. Don’t worry, if you don’t have an airbrush you can follow along with traditional brushwork!
Supplies I will be using: (amazon affiliate links)
- 8×10? Fredrix watercolor canvas board (provided by fredrix) https://amzn.to/3wuFk98
- Liquitex high gloss varnish https://amzn.to/3no14yG
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic Paints http://amzn.to/2qjrVgU
- Water Well (to clean the brushes) http://amzn.to/2oTlnU7
- Masterson Art Palette http://amzn.to/2oTxccT
- New Wave Glass Palette http://amzn.to/2AXj9KL
- Clamp light for my easel http://amzn.to/2CSYyHr
- Fine Mist Sprayer https://amzn.to/3wSsj9w
- Mop Brush (actually a powder brush) https://amzn.to/3RqdDbb
- Tracing paper to draw your bird on.
- Transfer paper https://amzn.to/3Tgxp9W
- Rake Brush (different brand than used in the video but I’ve ordered this one myself too) https://amzn.to/36DxLjI
- Grex airbrush kit w/ air compressor https://amzn.to/2DAW2ZX
- Grex 0.2mm needle kit https://amzn.to/2WgUo6Q
- Grex Airbrush Holder https://amzn.to/2UeN5uD
- Golden’s High Flow Acrylics https://amzn.to/2Tfmwpd
- Airbrush Flow Improver https://amzn.to/2WcTkAS
- Airbrush Cleaning Pot https://amzn.to/2TfmXzR
- Iwata Airbrush Cleaner (I buy the 32oz one) https://amzn.to/2Uf65Jp
- Grex Airbrush Cleaning Tools https://amzn.to/2TkB2Mt
This is the reference photo I will be working from. If you’re painting live, have your canvas painted pale grey with the bee pre drawn out with a white charcoal pencil.
We all need to be reminded “Don’t drink the paint water” and other fun artist sayings.
Why not wear it on our clothes or coffee mugs to make sure we don’t forget? LachriMerch.com
Get access to this and over 300 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite, watercolor, charcoal, and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!