In this time lapse painting lesson, I’m going to show you how I layer my paint starting with a basic underpainting to create a realistic chickadee painting and background! Knowing which layers to apply first will make all the difference in your own paintings! Learn oil painting tips and techniques to use in your own artwork!
Supplies used: (amazon affiliate links)
- Fredrix 12″ round canvas http://amzn.to/2lTGkPt
- Webers permalba black http://amzn.to/2oWoDiv
- Weber permalba white http://amzn.to/2phkjwL
- Liquin original http://amzn.to/2qqCnCb
- Liquin fine detail http://amzn.to/2CCObeG
The following are base sets to get started if you don’t have oil paints at all. Either set is a great start!
- Winsor & Newton Winton Color oil paint: http://amzn.to/2pgYZro
- Winsor & Newton Artists Oil Paint: http://amzn.to/2qqo9By
- Mona Lisa Brush Tank http://amzn.to/2ph9YRA
- Mona Lisa Odorless Paint thinner http://amzn.to/2qqyiye
- The Masters Brush Cleaner http://amzn.to/2oTxH6J
- Masterson Artist Palette http://amzn.to/2oTxccT
- New wave glass palette http://amzn.to/2CUxTLU
- Viva Paper Towels http://amzn.to/2qqBSs3
- Mop Brush I recommend the 12 pack on these http://goo.gl/CiWgfD I also used a #4 liner brush and two #8 filberts, both synthetic hog hair and a few stiff round brushes.
Beginners guide to oil painting https://goo.gl/6HuHL5
How I varnish my oil paintings https://goo.gl/ENvEDQ
How to use a liner brush https://goo.gl/t0cSDD
Watch the 2 1/2 hour tutorial with real time clips at Patreon http://patreon.com/lachri Get access to this and over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high quality reference photos to use in your own artwork