Watch colored pencil tips and techniques while I draw a black cat, coral, and fish!
This cat and coral belong to Than of Tidal Gardens! This is also where I got all of my coral reference photos! I’m drawing in colored pencil using Polychromos, Derwent Lightfast, Derwent Drawing, and Luminance. I will show you how to blend and layer colored pencil along with other tips and techniques while we chat about art!
Check out my full library here to see if my content is a fit for you and watch my free 2 hour long margay in colored pencil lesson just for visiting my website! https://lachri.com/patreon-videos/
Tidal Gardens is a coral farm in Ohio that has a youtube channel focused on corals and has a patreon that makes high-resolution reference photos available for artists starting at the $5 level.
Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/tidalgardens
Website – https://www.tidalgardens.com/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/tidalgardens/
Supplies used: (amazon affiliate links)
- Fabriano Artistico HP watercolor paper
- Polychromos http://amzn.to/2qjrD9C
- Caran d’Ache Luminance http://amzn.to/2qqBUzY
- Derwent Lightfast Colored Pencils https://amzn.to/2JTjqSl
- Derwent Drawing Colored Pencils https://amzn.to/2D2VqeQ
- Mona Lisa Odorless Paint Thinner http://amzn.to/2qjnwui or
- Gamsol http://amzn.to/2oTnBTv
- Glassine (this is the paper I keep under my hand) http://amzn.to/2psNADk
- Kum Sharpener http://amzn.to/2pJwTGm
- Easel daylight lamp http://amzn.to/2DpMMsN
- Slice Ceramic Blade https://amzn.to/2WAIow4
- Touch up texture & Titanium White mixture (for painting white highlights) http://brush and pencil.com
How to use touch up texture/titanium white –
Livestreams for this project (watch me work in real time)
How I designed this layout –
Drawing a black cat
Drawing a Sea Dragon
Watch the nearly 6 hours of video at Patreon http://patreon.com/lachri Get access to this and over 150 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.