Charcoal Supply ListThese are the products I use in my own artwork
These are the supplies I use in my own charcoal drawings.
Pencils and Blocks
- General’s White Charcoal Pencil
- General’s Charcoal Set This gives you a variety of medium through softer (darker/easier to smudge) pencils.
- Generals Sketch and Peel Charcoal Soft I like these because you don’t need to use a pencil sharpener. They aren’t the best for tiny detail, but great for those in-between areas.
- Generals Charcoal Blocks These are great for larger areas.
- Canson Mi-Teintes Grey I use the rough side and prefer the grey toned pad of paper. The size is up to you but remember larger means easier to get smaller detail if you like a lot of detail in your work.
- Shading Tools
- Glassine This is to protect the work from being smudged by your hand.
- SpectraFix Fixative
- Fine Mist sprayer (to put the fixative in)
- Drawing Board
- Artist Masking Tape
The links on this page are my Amazon affiliate links.