Are you looking for slower versions of my weekly painting &
drawing tutorials? How about reference photos?
I offer 1-2 hour versions of my weekly videos to Patreon supporters for as little as $4/ month. These videos include voice over tips and instruction to help you take your own artwork to the next level!
- Get instant access to all of my slower videos, past and present when you sign up. That is over 100 1-2 hour long tutorials to choose from!!
- Tutorials rotate between Colored Pencil, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Graphite, Inktense and occasionally new mediums.
- 5-10 high-quality royalty-free reference photos each month to use in your own art.
- Cancel at any time, there are no contracts!
For me, art has never been about some elitist idea of the “right” way to create. It’s art!! There is no wrong way to create!!
Does your work not look the way you want right now? Paint more! No matter how good or bad your work comes out, you are at the very least getting a feel for the medium. Time is never wasted when spent painting or drawing!
Artist Learning Portal
Four ways to get the information you need!
YouTube Art Videos
Looking for free art lessons? How about tips on your own art business?
- Wednesday – Art Lessons
- Thursday – Art Q&A
- Saturday – Artist Vlog
- Tuesday – Art Critique
- Wednesdays 8PM CST – Livestreams where I answer your art questions while demonstrating painting or drawing.
Are my weekly speed paintings and drawings too fast for you?
For as little as $4 a month get
- Weekly 1-2 hour long versions of my weekly youtube tutorials where I explain what I’m doing.
- Royalty free wildlife reference photos to use in your own artwork.
- More rewards are available.
Colored Pencil Podcast
Are you a colored pencil artist? John
- Art Business
- Colored Pencil Technique
- Product Reviews
- Artist Interviews
With 75 episodes, let us entertain, inspire and educate you while you work on your own artwork!
Not sure where to start? Easily search my hundreds of blog posts and videos in the search box below!
Learn more about
- Working in Oil and Acrylic paints, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Inktense & more
- Art Product reviews
- Advice for artists who are looking to make a living with their art
- Social Media tips for Artists
art tips, techniques, product reviews and art business advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlEO-R1rUcM Mandy Sowell writes: My question is about art blogging. I struggle with coming up with good blog posts. I am not very good at writing, and I'm wondering if there are any good methods for a non writer to keep a blog? How do...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhB0GqlCfpE Secil writes: Hello Lisa. I've been following your channel for a while and even though I'm not a colored pencil artist I decided to try out polychromos. My main issue is that the colors are so vibrant and saturated that I...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtZ6-y6l1tg For this demonstration, I'm working on Canson Mi-Teintes in light blue. This paper has a feel almost like construction paper, but not as rough. It has a really nice amount of tooth, just right to get lots of detail and...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk9ZEl-uxc8 This week's submission comes from artist Charlene. You can view more of her work at http://www.creativonero.de. She has completed this horse in acrylic on a black canvas. Her goals were to figure out high contrast between...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oe5-3DXhs4 I looked into this briefly when amazon announced its plans to have artists sell their handmade items on their platform. That interest died VERY quickly after finding out a few massive negatives about that platform. First,...read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZuxenKrBtE Helik writes: Hello mam, I am in an awkward situation, my parents want me to draw more like other artists , for an ex. Live sketching , still life , real sketches , etc and they don't even care bout my style, my father was...read more