Fabriano Artistico HP watercolor paper is different than it used to be. Is that a good or bad thing for colored pencil artists? I’m also demonstrating a Rosella drawing in Colored Pencil over an airbrushed background with plenty of art tips for this week’s lesson!
I’m working on Fabriano Artistico extra white Hot Pressed 140lb watercolor paper. This is the “new” batch along with Polychromos, Luminance, Procolour, and Derwent Drawing colored pencils.
My fine white details are being painted on with my mixture of Touch Up Texture and Colored Pencil Titanium White Powder from http://brushandpencil.com
See how I mix titanium white powder and touch up texture for fine white details https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H3hOHx-qZ8
Other supplies used: (amazon affiliate links)
- Polychromos http://amzn.to/2qjrD9C
- Caran d’Ache Luminance http://amzn.to/2qqBUzY
- Derwent Drawing colored pencil http://amzn.to/2CYzU80
- Derwent Procolour http://amzn.to/2Fbk67X (just the lightfast colors)
- Mona Lisa Odorless Paint Thinner http://amzn.to/2qjnwui or Gamsol http://amzn.to/2oTnBTv
- Glassine (this is the paper I keep under my hand) http://amzn.to/2psNADk
- Kum Long Pointed Sharpener http://amzn.to/2qqCmya
- Kum Sharpener http://amzn.to/2pJwTGm
- Holbein Airbrush Paints http://amzn.to/2psDvpI
- Iwata Neo Gravity Feed Airbrush http://amzn.to/2psAAgF
- Air Compressor http://amzn.to/2oTkb3e
- Frisket (this is the tape I use to protect the subject when airbrushing) http://amzn.to/2F8Kdbt
Watch the 3 hour tutorial with some real time clips at Patreon http://patreon.com/lachri Get access to this and over 150 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.