We’re going to be drawing a cute meerkat in colored pencil. I will be talking about how to create a more realistic drawing by focusing on your values. This will be different than my livestreams you’ve seen in the past. For the first portion of this stream we will only be talking about and focusing on the art lesson. After that, we will move onto the chat and Q&A. I will also be testing my new livestream set up and the new youtube question format!
This livestream starts at 8pm CT on Wednesday, January 18th. Don’t worry if you can’t watch live, the replay will be available.
Supplies I will be using (amazon affiliate links)
- Canson Mi-Teintes black https://amzn.to/3kTBs9C (I’m going to work on the rough side)
- Derwent Lightfast set of 72 colored pencils https://amzn.to/3emzhZV
- Polychromos http://amzn.to/2qjrD9C
- Caran d’Ache Luminance http://amzn.to/2qqBUzY
- Derwent Drawing Chinese White http://amzn.to/2oWoQ4Z
- Glassine https://amzn.to/3wdOyVN
- Drawing Board https://amzn.to/3o6fGUz
- Artist Masking Tape https://amzn.to/3ljgF1R
- My fine white details are being painted on with my mixture of Touch Up Texture and Colored Pencil Titanium White Powder from http://brushandpencil.com
The reference photo came from Pixabay. Just right click and save the image.
This is what the starting sketch looks like for me. You will want your sketch done before we start! I used a peach colored polychromos to draw mine out.