See how I layer and blend colored pencils in this octopus drawing! I’m using the Derwent Lightfast set of 72 colored pencils for this demonstration (provided to me by Derwent). These tips can help even if you’re a beginner to shading and blending with colored pencil! Learn to make your work look more realistic. Are you looking for slower and real time painting and drawing lessons?
- Supplies used: (amazon affiliate links)
- Derwent Lightfast set of 72 colored pencils https://amzn.to/3emzhZV
- Arches Hot Pressed watercolor paper https://amzn.to/2VaUaQ0
- My fine white details are being painted on with my mixture of Touch Up Texture and Colored Pencil Titanium White Powder from http://brushandpencil.com
- Mona Lisa Odorless Paint Thinner https://amzn.to/2AbKQn3
Get access to this and over 200 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!