In this lesson I’m going to walk you through step by step the process of painting a cute chickadee in watercolor and colored pencil.
Supplies I will be using (amazon affiliate links) NOTE: You do not need to use the same supplies I have listed. Use whatever you have to follow along! These are just some of my personal favorites and what I use.
- Schmincke 24 half pan watercolor set https://amzn.to/3rnGKO1
- Winsor & Newton Series 7 brush size 5 round https://amzn.to/3jmtRkr
- Winsor & Newton Series 7 brush size 3 round https://amzn.to/39NXwjx
- Schmincke empty tin https://amzn.to/3cAXRrA
- Black Velvet set of 3 brushes https://amzn.to/3ay81qn
- Dr Martins Bleedproof White https://amzn.to/3axIJbL
- Arches Hot Pressed Watercolor Paper 5×7 https://amzn.to/2LhIMQi
- Creative Mark 5pc Try Me Set Of Mimik Synthetic Squirrel Brushes https://amzn.to/3pPBBho
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Filbert 1/2? https://amzn.to/3pOEHCj
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Filbert 3/4? https://amzn.to/3cHxBeY
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Filbert 1? https://amzn.to/39LEhXO
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Flat 1/4? https://amzn.to/3oOdgqQ
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Rigger 1 https://amzn.to/2MSDnQb
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Rigger 2 https://amzn.to/3jiwUdq
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Washmate Brush 1-1/2? https://amzn.to/2LiU0UK
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Series 3000S Round 4 https://amzn.to/39NOjHR
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Series 3012S Dagger Striper 1/4? https://amzn.to/36ZoHWT
- Artist Black Masking Tape
- Polychromos http://amzn.to/2qjrD9C
- Caran d’Ache Luminance http://amzn.to/2qqBUzY
- Derwent Lightfast Colored Pencils https://amzn.to/2JTjqSl
- Derwent Drawing Colored Pencils https://amzn.to/2D2VqeQ
- Mona Lisa Odorless Paint Thinner http://amzn.to/2qjnwui or Gamsol http://amzn.to/2oTnBTv
- Glassine (this is the paper I keep under my hand) http://amzn.to/2psNADk
- Kum Sharpener http://amzn.to/2pJwTGm
- Easel daylight lamp http://amzn.to/2DpMMsN
My reference photo comes from Unsplash
We all need to be reminded “Don’t drink the paint water” and other fun artist sayings.
Why not wear it on our clothes or coffee mugs to make sure we don’t forget? LachriMerch.com
Become an online student and paint this with me!
Get access to this and over 300 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite, watercolor, charcoal, and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!