I’m going to show you my layering process for drawing a flamingo and water reflections in colored pencil. I will be blending my pencils with Powder Blender from Brush and Pencil. These blending techniques allow for fast application and smooth blending of the pencils giving you an almost pastel pencil look but with far less mess!
Brush and Pencil Products can be purchased from the following:
- US: http://brushandpencil.com http://www.dickblick.com
- UK: https://www.jacksonsart.com/
- Canada: http://www.deltaart.ca/
- Australia http://www.theartshop.com.au/brush-n-…
- The new Colored Pencil Painting Portraits book by Alyona Nickelsen http://amzn.to/2rhgLge (amazon affiliate link)
- I’m working on Fisher400 Sanded Paper from ProArtPanels.com
- Polychromos http://amzn.to/2qjrD9C
- Caran d’Ache Luminance http://amzn.to/2qqBUzY
- Derwent Drawing Chinese White http://amzn.to/2oWoQ4Z
- Kum Long Pointed Sharpener http://amzn.to/2qqCmya
- Kum Sharpener http://amzn.to/2pJwTGm
- Soft Knife and Covers, 4 Assorted Knives and 8 Covers http://amzn.to/2qqEMwN
The two-hour long version of this tutorial is available for supporters on Patreon to watch now!! If you’re unfamiliar with Patreon, you get access to my 1-2 hour long tutorials every single week for as little as $4/month!