Acrylic painting isn’t hard if you understand how to layer things. This is NOT a paint by number process, but one of layers. Once you get the hang of that, the rest is pretty simple! In this video I’m showing you how I layered my paint to create a surreal ocra, sea turtle and coral reef painting to hang above my own reef aquarium!
Supplies used: (amazon affiliate links)
- 30×40″ Fredrix Belgian Linen Canvas https://amzn.to/3pE7UTa that is a smaller version of what I’m working on in this video (sponsored)
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic Paints http://amzn.to/2qjrVgU
- Water Well (to clean the brushes) http://amzn.to/2oTlnU7
- Masterson Art Palette http://amzn.to/2oTxccT
- New Wave Glass Palette http://amzn.to/2AXj9KL
- Clamp light for my easel http://amzn.to/2CSYyHr
- Transfer Paper https://amzn.to/3b9M2UX
- Tracing paper https://amzn.to/2yzh62Z
- Rake Brush (different brand than used in the video but I’ve ordered this one myself too) https://amzn.to/36DxLjI
- Grex airbrush kit w/ air compressor https://amzn.to/2DAW2ZX
- Grex 0.2mm needle kit https://amzn.to/2WgUo6Q
- Grex Airbrush Holder https://amzn.to/2UeN5uD
- Golden’s High Flow Acrylics https://amzn.to/2Tfmwpd
- Airbrush Flow Improver https://amzn.to/2WcTkAS
- Airbrush Cleaning Pot https://amzn.to/2TfmXzR
- Iwata Airbrush Cleaner (I buy the 32oz one) https://amzn.to/2Uf65Jp
- Grex Airbrush Cleaning Tools https://amzn.to/2TkB2Mt
Get access to this and over 300 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite, watercolor, charcoal, and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!