We’re going to be painting a chickadee in oil paint, step by step! For the first portion of this stream, we will be talking about and focusing on the art lesson. After that, we will move on to the chat and Q&A.
Supplies I will be using: (amazon affiliate links)
- 8×10″ Fredrix watercolor canvas board (provided by fredrix) https://amzn.to/3wuFk98
- Winsor & Newton Artists Oil Paints Set of 10 https://amzn.to/3E1ec5t
- Weber Permalba Black https://amzn.to/45EUqZj
- Weber Permalba Titanium White https://amzn.to/44lhWJw
- Liquin https://amzn.to/3KIYzTF
- Gamsol https://amzn.to/44bOk1i
- Brush Cleaning Tank https://amzn.to/44gz6bl
- Brush Cleaner https://amzn.to/44iPSXp
- Masterson Art Palette http://amzn.to/2oTxccT
- New Wave Glass Palette http://amzn.to/2AXj9KL
- Glass Scraper https://amzn.to/45euh3G
- Clamp light for my easel http://amzn.to/2CSYyHr
- Cheap Brush Set https://amzn.to/3P3KS4o
- Gamvar https://amzn.to/3qtLQh6
Reference Photo. I will be starting with a canvas already painted bright red orange and I will have my chickadee pre drawn out before the livestream starts to save on time. Whatever bright color you paint as your underpainting (mine will be done in acrylics), this is the color that will peek through your brush strokes. Bright aqua looks good too. Whatever you go with, this style requires BRIGHT for that base layer. You can use acrylics or oils, it just needs to be dry before we start.
The painting I will be completing during the livestream will be up for auction for those within the US
We all need to be reminded “Don’t drink the paint water” and other fun artist sayings.
Why not wear it on our clothes or coffee mugs to make sure we don’t forget? LachriMerch.com
Get access to this and over 300 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite, watercolor, charcoal, and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!