Paint a cute seahorse in watercolor with me! I’ve listed the supplies I used below, but you can use whatever you have to follow along!
Supplies I will be using (amazon affiliate links) NOTE: You do not need to use the same supplies I have listed. Use whatever you have to follow along! These are just some of my personal favorites and what I use.
- Schmincke 24 half pan watercolor set https://amzn.to/3rnGKO1
- Winsor & Newton Series 7 brush size 5 round https://amzn.to/3jmtRkr
- Winsor & Newton Series 7 brush size 3 round https://amzn.to/39NXwjx
- Schmincke empty tin https://amzn.to/3cAXRrA
- Black Velvet set of 3 brushes https://amzn.to/3ay81qn
- Dr Martins Bleedproof White https://amzn.to/3axIJbL
- Arches Hot Pressed Watercolor Paper 5×7 https://amzn.to/2LhIMQi
- Creative Mark 5pc Try Me Set Of Mimik Synthetic Squirrel Brushes https://amzn.to/3pPBBho
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Filbert 1/2? https://amzn.to/3pOEHCj
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Filbert 3/4? https://amzn.to/3cHxBeY
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Filbert 1? https://amzn.to/39LEhXO
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Flat 1/4? https://amzn.to/3oOdgqQ
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Rigger 1 https://amzn.to/2MSDnQb
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Rigger 2 https://amzn.to/3jiwUdq
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Washmate Brush 1-1/2? https://amzn.to/2LiU0UK
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Series 3000S Round 4 https://amzn.to/39NOjHR
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Series 3012S Dagger Striper 1/4? https://amzn.to/36ZoHWT
- Glassine (this is the paper I keep under my hand) http://amzn.to/2psNADk
- Kum Sharpener http://amzn.to/2pJwTGm
- Easel daylight lamp http://amzn.to/2DpMMsN
- Caran D’Ache Museum Aquarelle (watercolor pencils) https://amzn.to/3MPItrO
- Masking Fluid – Frisket
- Dr. Ph. Martin’s white https://amzn.to/43EQC9C
- Porcelain Palette https://amzn.to/3N2Sjqo
- Mat Set https://amzn.to/4662Tpe
- Ph Neutral Masking Tape https://amzn.to/3Ph5fvE
- Acid Free Double Sided Tape https://amzn.to/3PiQ05d
This is the reference photo from Unsplash that I will be working from. I drew the seahorse in 3h graphite before painting.
here is my finished painting
We all need to be reminded “Don’t drink the paint water” and other fun artist sayings.
Why not wear it on our clothes or coffee mugs to make sure we don’t forget? LachriMerch.com
Become an online student and paint this with me!
Get access to this and over 300 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite, watercolor, charcoal, and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!