This is the full lesson from our Wednesday livestream! I’m going to show you step by step how to paint a clownfish and anemone in watercolor and colored pencil!
Supplies I will be using (amazon affiliate links) NOTE: You do not need all of these supplies to follow along! Use whatever you have, these are just some of my favorites!
My Watercolor Supplies: (amazon affiliate links)
- Schmincke 24 half pan watercolor set https://amzn.to/3rnGKO1
- Winsor & Newton Series 7 brush size 5 round https://amzn.to/3jmtRkr
- Winsor & Newton Series 7 brush size 3 round https://amzn.to/39NXwjx
- Schmincke empty tin https://amzn.to/3cAXRrA
- Schmincke empty half pans
- Black Velvet set of 3 brushes https://amzn.to/3ay81qn
- Dr Martins Bleedproof White https://amzn.to/3axIJbL
- Arches Hot Pressed Watercolor Paper Block in 8×10 and 11×14? (I used 16×20? in this project) https://amzn.to/2LhIMQi
- Creative Mark 5pc Try Me Set Of Mimik Synthetic Squirrel Brushes https://amzn.to/3pPBBho
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Filbert 1/2? https://amzn.to/3pOEHCj
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Filbert 3/4? https://amzn.to/3cHxBeY
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Filbert 1? https://amzn.to/39LEhXO
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Flat 1/4? https://amzn.to/3oOdgqQ
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Rigger 1 https://amzn.to/2MSDnQb
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Rigger 2 https://amzn.to/3jiwUdq
- Mimik Synthetic Watercolor Brush Washmate Brush 1-1/2? https://amzn.to/2LiU0UK
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Series 3000S Round 4 https://amzn.to/39NOjHR
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Series 3012S Dagger Striper 1/4? https://amzn.to/36ZoHWT
- Artist Black Masking Tape 1? x 60 Yard Roll https://amzn.to/3rhB1sU
- Colored Pencil Supplies:
- Polychromos http://amzn.to/2qjrD9C
- Caran d’Ache Luminance http://amzn.to/2qqBUzY
- Derwent Lightfast Colored Pencils https://amzn.to/2JTjqSl
- Derwent Drawing Colored Pencils https://amzn.to/2D2VqeQ
- Mona Lisa Odorless Paint Thinner http://amzn.to/2qjnwui or Gamsol http://amzn.to/2oTnBTv
- Glassine (this is the paper I keep under my hand) http://amzn.to/2psNADk
- Kum Sharpener http://amzn.to/2pJwTGm
- Easel daylight lamp http://amzn.to/2DpMMsN
Here is my reference photo for this painting. It comes from Unsplash.
Get your own zombie snail “words are hard” merch!
Get access to this and over 200 1-2 hour long tutorials in colored pencil, acrylic painting, oil painting, graphite, and inktense for as little as $4/month plus other rewards like high-quality reference photos to use in your own artwork.
Want to see all the available videos at Patreon? Look here!